Pi Chai Chocolate Chip Mug Cakenocofm
There’s more than one way to enjoy Pi Chai, have your cake, and eat it too! This super easy recipe offers you dessert in less than 2 minutes for whenever you’re craving something sweet and is perfect for lazy baker. Many of the ingredients you already have stashed away in your pantry, while others you can order right here on the NOCO VFM website to have delivered straight to your doorstep. We top ours with homemade whipped cream, which is also super easy to make, costs less than what you would buy pre-made at the grocery store, tastes better, and is preservative and chemical-free!
So what are you waiting for? Grab yourself, your spouse, a friend, your kids, or whoever, give this recipe a try, it’s something the whole family will enjoy 🙂
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Pi Chai Chocolate (you can also use Java or Original)
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa OR Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Milk or Milk Alternative
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1-2 tbsp Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Homemade Whipped Cream Topping (see recipe below)
- Sprinkle of Aromatic Chai Spice Blend from Bina Mehta Spice Blends
- Combine flour, Pi Chai, cocoa, sugar, and salt in a large, microwavable mug. Mix together with a fork.
- Add milk and vegetable oil. Mix well with a fork, being sure to smooth out lumps and get down to the bottom of the mug. Add chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds to start. If cake still looks wet and giggly, put back in the microwave for an additional 10 seconds. Take it out and let cool while you are making the whipped cream topping (see below).
- Add a spoonful (or two) of your whipped cream topping, and sprinkle with the Aromatic Chai Spice Blend.
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1/2 pint of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a chilled bowl, add all ingredients. Using an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed, whip it, whip it good!
- Whip until hard peaks form. Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
To see a “making of” video, check us out on TikTok!