Lemon Garlic Greek Chicken Bowlsnocofm
Nutritious and Delicious! This recipe comes from NOCO VFM vendor Poppy Specialty Foods/Pastamore!
If you have not been able to make it to your favorite Greek restaurant, this recipe is a great substitution. This dish combines our flavorful Lemon Garlic Orzo with marinated chicken thighs and homemade Greek Salad. The chicken is marinated with our versatile Cabernet and Roasted Garlic Marinade.
1 12 oz package Lemon Garlic Orzo
1 lb chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
1/4 cup Cabernet and Roasted Garlic Marinade
1 medium zucchini
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/4 red onion
1/4 cup kalamata olives, pits removed
1/4 cup feta
1 Tbsp Ida Red Wine Vinegar (Old-Time Vinager Co.)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp oregano
Zest of 1 lemon
To taste salt and black pepper
1. Rinse tomatoes and cucumber. Cut tomatoes in half from top to bottom and add to a mixing bowl. Cut cucumber in half and cut into 1/4″ thick pieces. Thinly slice onion. Add onion, cucumber, 1 Tbsp olive oil, feta and red wine vinegar to the mixing bowl. Mix well and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Place in refrigerator to cool. Mix again prior to serving.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Heat a large non-stick pan on the stove over medium heat. While the pan is heating, add chicken thighs and Cabernet and Roasted Garlic Marinade to a large bowl. Mix well and season to taste with salt and black pepper. Add to pan and cook chicken to until internal temperature of 165F is reached turning once during the cooking process.
4. While the chicken is cooking, heat a non-stick pan on the stove over medium-low heat. Rinse zucchini and cut into 1/4″ cubes. Coat pan with non-stick pan and add zucchini. Cook until browned and tender.
5. Add Lemon Garlic Orzo to boiling water. Cook until al dente and drain using a fine colander. Return the pot along with cooked zucchini, oregano, 1 Tbsp olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
6. Plate orzo and Greek salad. Slice the chicken and place on top of the orzo. Finish the plate by grating fresh lemon zest over chicken.
Did you make this recipe?
Want to share pictures of your beautiful and delicious creation? Click here to post to the NOCO VFM Facebook page to share pictures of what you made using this recipe! Whether you followed it to a T or you gave it your very own chef flare (oo la la), we want to see it!