Blackened Lion’s Mane Tacosnocofm
Taco’s are a staple dinner around here, so when we came across this recipe utilizing Lion’s Mane mushrooms as a meat alternative from NOCO VFM vendor Willow Creek Mushrooms, we couldn’t resist! These tacos are not only quick and easy to put together at the end of a busy day, but the flavor is perfect: hot & spicy, meaty & refreshing. You simply cannot go wrong with these delicious tacos!
- 1lb Willow Creek Lion’s Mane Mushroom
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp Cheyenne pepper
- Agustina’s White Tortillas
- Chopped purple cabbage
- Unsalted sunflower seeds
- Mango salsa
- Cut lions mane into 1/4 inch thick strips.
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium/high heat.
- Roll strips of lions mane in mixed seasoning
- Cook for roughly 5 minutes, turning the lions mane frequently.
- Warm the tortillas until soft, load with blackened lions mane, top with purple cabbage, sunflower seeds, and mango salsa.